Education and Experience: Must meet one of the following education and experience requirements
- A) BS Occupational Safety & Health required with a combination of either:
- 12-15 years relevant construction experience
- or Certified Safety Professional (as recognized by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals) and at least two 2 years of relevant construction experience.
- B) Completion of OSHA 500 Basic Instructor Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry, and must have performed full-time safety responsibilities for at least 10 years in the relevant construction industry.
- OSHA 10 Hour
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- CEI Hot Work Classes 1 & 2 (Minimum)
- CEI 30 Hour Class (Competent person class for safety tops & presenting safety meetings)
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and adept at learning new software
- Commitment to on-going professional development
- Knowledge and application of relevant safety requirements that apply to the specific work being done
- Recognizes and mitigates safety hazards on the job
- Observes rules and regulations to comply with personal and workplace safety standards
- Works to create a hazard free, accident free environment
- Establishes clear and realistic direction of organizational goals and employee roles and responsibilities
- Maintains staff motivation and focus on goals and priorities
- Monitor the performance and progress of staff, motivate, organize and encourage teamwork to ensure productivity targets are met
- Ensures that departmental goals match those of the organization and that makes sure resources are allocated to meet priorities
- Proven and successful track record of producing work that is highly accurate, demonstrates attention to detail and reflects well on the organization
- Personally committed to high quality work and encourages others to have similar standards
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- 70% Field Work and 30% Office/ Classroom Training
- Working conditions: Normal office environment (on-site and off-site locations), outside work, extreme temperatures, noisy conditions, shift work, flexible hours and schedules, not afraid of heights, standing long periods of time, extreme temperature conditions
- Able to withstand temperatures in a typical warehouse environment, and/or excessive noise
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus
- Ability to work long hours and variable schedules on occasion, including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within the limits of the position
- This position is also expected to perform other common operations duties such as lifting, bending, operating small tools, cleaning and maintaining equipment
All applicants will be subject to background check and drug screen.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits package includes: Health, dental, vision and 401K.